Thursday, April 10, 2014

"But you're part of this world.... aren't you?" (April 9, 2014)


Doing service this morning
Almost nearing the end of the MTC experience, it's almost over, only one more P_day left!! So this week, has been insane!! We have gotten so many new and hard investigators and had General Conference and we leave in 11 days!! We are gonna get our travel plans either tomorrow or Friday so I am just soo stoked!!! Okay so mom here are your answers. I got the box. So perfect and wonderful!! The necklace is beautiful. I wore it yesterday and you will get pics. So the long, 3 quarter length shirts I'm referring too...pretty much anything just loose fitting and breathable. No collar but if there are buttons, esta bien! My skin these last two days have made leaps of improvement. I just got the cell salts today so please can you send me the directions again in a dear elder by tomorrow cuz I don't have a printer in the classroom! Hermana Shotwell's ankle is totally fine. It was just a stressed tendon or something and she is totally good now.
So! Chronological order. I played a joke on my district on Thursday night! One sister had left her clothes on the laundry and she didn't have any clothes after her shower. So her companions dropped her off at Shotwell's and my apt. and they went to get it. The sister was just sitting on our couch and the comps came back and said they got it, they didn't see the sister, so I played it as if she had never come in the first place, they thought she went to the other district's apt. They left and we hid the sister in our walk in closet. They came back freaking out she wasn't there and I was still playing as if I didn't know.  Then the other district comes out in their pj's and they all go around the block to look for her!! hahaha so meanwhile, Shotwell, the sister, and I are cracking up in the apt. The other districts come back and are freaking out. I held it together for like 4 minutes and then they said, "you have her don't you!!!" I burst out laughing and yeah it was so funny!
On Friday EMILY CAME. Literaly was the highlight of my week. I was just getting out of a lesson and I cut it short (it was with the teachers) and grabbed Shotwell. We practically run over and I see her in the hallway and my heart just leapt into my throat I was so excited. I cried for the first time since being in the MTC. We talked a little and all and just enjoyed being with eachother. It was really hard saying goodbye but I'm so excited for her and I can't wait to hear about her dating machine experiences. Emily; it is true, dating is how most of my meals were paid while I was up at school. ;) I love you so much and you are so beautiful. You better keep me updated !!!!
Okay. GENERAL CONFERENCE.
I forgot my notes so this is gonna be from memory. How lucky were we this past weekend to watch conference. It was the first time I was able to stay awake throughout all 4 sessions!! So west campus bussed over to main so all the MTC missionaries could watch conference together! We had a homeroom where we stashed all the food we have gotten from packages and such and it was fun. Personally my favorite talk was Jeffrey R. Holland. His passion is probably my favorite thing about him. It is so real and so genuine and you can feel him and feel his same urgency as he was telling us to defend our faith. It reminded me alot of D&C 27 :15-18 where it talks alot of the Armor of God. As Latter day Saints, and even as a people who believe in God and Jesus Christ, much more is being asked of us. The world is going further and further away and we must remain steady. I remember countless times throughout high school and even junior high where I would have to stick up for my faith. Even though my personal faith wasn't that strong, I felt the urgency and duty to stand up for it. We have something special and when people talk down about it, and try to flip our truths into lies, we must be willing to stand up for it. Wear the Armor of God and remain steadfast in him. (in a footnote somewhere it says steadfast is "walking with God") Other than that I really loved Anderson's talk especially when he said if the church standards clash with your political standards, you have some reconsidering to do. He didn't say it like that but it is so true. We must ONLY affiliate ourselves with clubs and parties that uphold what we believe in. It is another part of defending our religion and defending God when we affilliate with upstanding groups that have their views in line with the Church's. So overall to me, the message of Conference was your obedience is showing your Love of God, and defending your faith and never falter in that; Wear the Armor of God. This is why my subject line is what it is. It is when Merry is pleading with the Ents to join in the fight for Middle Earth. They are part of that world. But we are all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we are all in this together. No matter how shy or softspoken you are, now is the time to suit up and fight for and stand up for what you believe in.
We also saw the Womens Conference and I bawled at the little movie. It had no words and reminded me alot about that one scene from UP. Haha Shotwell was laughing at me so much and I was laughing at me too, but honestly, that video showed what I want in my life, a Temple Marriage for time and all eternity, a happy and eternal family, and just to live my life in righteousness always staying steadfast in my faith. It was beautiful.
Okay so time for another funny story. In between sessions of conference we would hold a 15 min. devo(tional) and then we made friends with the branch next door. My cousin (?) Elder (Isaac) Sanders from Kentucky was in there and we are so alike it is insane. We played "MTC Idol" and Sanders and I did a cousin rendition of the Primary song "A Child's Prayer". It was beautiful and moved everyone to tears (because we were all laughing so hard). Dad you have to find out if we are related. I gave Emily the names of his parents.  But it would be super cool so find out and then send me a dear elder because not only do we act the same but we look like we could be brother and sister. Also the other hermanas and elders think we would be a hilarious comedy skit hahaha.
This one Elder who is going to serve in Korea...okay so he sat near my comp and I at a devo and then the next time I see him at conf., he's like "I have a gift for you", it was a note, of vocab in korean. The words were things like, Hello, I love you, What's up. Then he said my name, then his name, then he gave me his first name, email and in korean he wrote "important". hahahaha so that was awkward. He's an awkward kid from Idaho so that explains it.


Okay so in a lesson yesterday, we had a suprise investigator, the one we had, cancelled so we just got a random one. It was this guy, he had a tragic story and had forgotten God. He never prays and wasn't willing to pray and we were 10 minutes over, and getting into dinner time, but we weren't going to leave until we committed him to prayer. I got really into it and just looked at him straight in the eye and pointed to him saying "At first when you pray, you might not feel God, or feel like anyone is listening to you, but I KNOW that the more you pray, and the more you listen, you WILL feel God. You Will feel his presence and you will not feel alone. You will be comforted and on your way to being happy. I know this because I used to never pray but I started to one day when I was the lowest I had ever been. The more I prayed, I felt God's love and I testify that God lives. And God hears and listens. So, will you pray everyday this week?" He said yes.
Also all of that was in spanish. Not perfect but I slipped in 2 english words in the whole thing. So that is my testimony of prayer.
Okay, so this week was alot of fun and I bet you're wondering how my spanish is, well Holman, my teacher, says that mine is better than his 2 months into the mission. So it's coming along :)
matching workout outfits
I'm studying the Plan of Salvation right now in PMG ("Preach My Gospel", the second lesson) I love the Plan of Salvation and I invite all of you to study more about it and ponder it. Study it simply before going into deep stuff but yeah it's great.
Parents: I need those yoga pants, those shirts, and haha I need rain boots. Just plain dark colored boots. Some chocolate and granola would be nice too :)
Also tell Tyler I'm excited for him and love him!! (Piwo, for getting into Ballet West again this summer!)
And Special Shoutout to Kelsey for her Bday!!! I love you Kelsey and I wish you the best of 18s. Stay in school ;) i love you and think about you everyday!! Hope all is well and love you again!!!
Wonderful to hear about Evan.
Read 2 Nephi 9:7 and Mos 3:11. We have been discussing Who all was Jesus the Savior for, and thought these were interesting. I think He is the Savior for all who falls under Adams transgression which would be those who have lived and died on this earth. Okay, well thats all I got. I love you all and hope to hear from you all!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Hermana Sanders III

P.S. One of the sisters in the district had never seen Lord of the Rings so I have been acting it out for her over the past couple of days. I impress myself everyday with how obsessed I had become #humility hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment